malloryallain

Library of Mallory

I am a 22 year old cheerleading, cat loving, book nerd.
I make up 1/3 of the bibliophilesisters. Oh and we make videos:
www.youtube.com/user/bibliophilesisters

Book Review: Codename: Chimera by J.K. Persy

The authors were very kind and generous and sent us a copy for review.

Title: Codename: Chimera
Author: Jake & Kate Persy
Published: Published July 5th 2013 by J.K. Persy (first published November 3rd 2012)

Synopsis (from Goodreads):
A famous millionaire dies under mysterious circumstances in the Brooklyn ghetto. What it was that made him go to such a dangerous place at night remains a mystery. The only clue is a book, Mythical Creatures of Ancient Greece, left on his body and opened at a page on Chimera. Private detective Kevin Kris takes on the case, helped by Penny, his trusty assistant, and Michael, his best friend. They soon uncover a chain of bloody events shrouded in mystery from the past. Little by little the private detective and his friends discover the real truth hidden by the Man With No Face.

This book was a really quick, fun and easy read. I always love to read a good murder mystery and see if I can figure out who the killer is before the book tells you...I didn't succeed this time.

The writing style and plot outline were very basic, not that this is a bad thing. It just makes it quick and easy to get through as it is not a heavy or dense read. It was strange to me that there was no filler writing. Everything was written for a reason. I always feel like authors add useless writing and paragraphs just to fill or increase length, but not with this book. Everything moved along and progressed nicely. The authors also added some riddles to a few chapters which were really neat and it made me want to get through it faster to find the answers.

The only problem I had with this book was the characters. I felt like there was not enough information about them to get to know them well enough to establish any emotion or connections.

I gave this book 3/5 stars.

Thank you so much to Jake and Kate Persy for sending this my way!